If you've fallen behind on your first mortgage payments, you have options. The first thing to do is reach out and ask for help.
- If your mortgage lender is another institution, contact them directly.
- If your lender is Tucoemas Federal Credit Union, call us at (855) 828-8838 or call our Whitendale Real Estate Department at (559) 737-5780.
- For counseling services, leverage our partnership with BALANCE by calling (888) 456-2227 and selecting housing counseling for more information.
- Contact HUD (Housing and Urban Development) at (800) 569-4287.
If you have a first mortgage with us, we can work with you in a couple of ways.
- Refinancing your mortgage to a lower rate.
- Loan Modification to temporarily change the terms of your mortgage to make payments more affordable. For instance, an extension of the terms on the loan or lowering the interest rate.
Here's what you need to do to complete your request for hardship assistance:
- Mortgage Extension Application - L123
- Provide a written statement explaining your financial hardship (signed and dated)
- Consent Form (signed and dated)
- If you currently have a second mortgage at another financial institution with a variable interest rate, provide a copy of the promissory note
- Current mortgage statement if you have a second mortgage with another financial institution
- Most recent W-2 tax statement with two current pay stubs for each borrower and/or last two years' income tax returns if self-employed or have rental income
- Last two months checking and/or savings accounts statements
- If self-employed, last two months’ business account statements
When you have completed the application and have the requested documents prepared, please contact the Real Estate Department at (855) 828-8838 or (559) 737-5780 for an appointment to review your modification package.